Friday, December 26, 2008

Blue Skies Lefty Gardner!

I have a lot of memories with Lefty at the controls. He will be missed.
Found this on another forum tonight. Kinda bummed me out....

My favorite memory: It was simply watching Lefty do the aero-ballet with the P-38 from the rooftop of my Mom's house in Lemmon Valley (Nevada). That was truly one of the acts that lured me into the gates at Stead.

My heartfelt sympathies to the Gardner family and their friends.

It seems appropriate to link back to this article on the Red Bull P-38 from last month now. You'll find links there to some great Lefty History. I also started this thread on AirshowBuzz. This is the AAFO thread where I found the news - I'm sure we'll find folks posting fond memories there also.

Update: Another AAFO gallery with White Lightnin' and Lefty.

Update 12/26:
Lefty Gardner Passes Away from P38Assn
We received the following messge from Ladd Gardner for those of you who may have known his Dad, Lefty, the former owner of the P-38 known as “White Lightnin’” — now owned by the Flying Bulls in Austria: Fellow P38 Lovers, My dad’s funeral will be held at Trinity Baptist Church, 800 Jackson Rd., Kerrville, TX 78028 [...]

Update 12/27: Daily Times of Texas Hills
Update 12/28: 2nd ASB thread. Fencecheck thread.

ms

photo from: www.airracingsafety.net

No comments: