Thursday, April 5, 2012
The F/A-18 Super Hornet Demonstration Team from Lemoore NAS will thrill the crowd with demonstration showing its tactical power, maneuverability, high performance and speed. Lieutenant Jeff “Lou” Findlay, a native of Wakefield, Massachusetts will pilot the Super Hornet. LT Findlay is currently an Instructor Pilot assigned to the Flying Eagles of Strike Fighter Squadron 122 (VFA-122) and a member of the F/A-18 Super Hornet West Coast Flight Demonstration Team. His tours of duty have included missions in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation New Dawn, and Operation Enduring Freedom over the skies of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Additional military participation in the Wings Over Wine Country Air Show includes U-2 “Dragon Lady” overflights, T-38 “Talon” flybys and a C-17 “Globemaster III” static display.
Our outstanding civilian air show line up includes:
• Kent Pietsch and his hilarious airborne comedy act, take off and landing on top of an RV and dead stick performance and landing
• Julie Clark performing a patriotic air presentation in her magnificent T-34
• Tim Weber tumbling and high-roll aggressive aerobatics
• Bill Cornick and Spencer Suderman each performing solo aerobatics in their Pitts Special aircraft and will also perform their Vertical Aerobatic Challenge
• One of the West coast’s largest gatherings of flying P-51 Mustangs and warbirds
• Famed Air Show Announcer Danny Clisham
• Many fabulous static display aircraft
• Lots of activities for families and children
• And much much more
Enhance your air show experience by watching the show from the President’s Club (an exclusive, catered tent along the flightline) and attending the Friday night Performer Reception (where you can meet the air show performers). Purchase Air Show, President’s Club and Performer Reception Tickets online at our website, www.WingsOverWineCountry.org Gates open both days at 9:00 a.m. for pre-show activities, including radio controlled model aircraft demonstrations. Visit our website at www.WingsOverWineCountry.org for more information.
ABOUT PACIFIC COAST AIR MUSEUM
Pacific Coast Air Museum (PCAM) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the acquisition, restoration, safe operation and display of historic aircraft, preserving aviation history and to providing an educational venue for students and the community. We also honor those heroic aviators who have contributed so much to the growth and defense of our way of life. Located in Santa Rosa, Calif., PCAM operates both an indoor museum with exhibits featuring famous military and civilian pilots and aviation innovators, as well as historical photos and artifacts; and an outside museum featuring more than two dozen excellent examples of both contemporary and antique aircraft. The Pacific Coast Air Museum features the first aircraft to arrive over the World Trade Center on 9/11, the aircraft whose pilot orchestrated the air defense of New York City after the attacks. For more information contact the Pacific Coast Air Museum at (707) 575-7900. Website: www.pacificcoastairmuseum.org.