Red Bull Air Race Champion Kirby Chambliss and Aerobatic Champion Patty Wagstaff Added to Air Show Line Up
Santa Rosa, Calif., August 10, 2011 – The PACIFIC COAST AIR MUSEUM (PCAM) is pleased to announce the addition of champion aerobatic performers Kirby Chambliss and Patty Wagstaff to the Wings Over Wine Country Air Show on August 20-21, 2011 at the Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport in Santa Rosa California.
Patty Wagstaff is a six-time member of the US Aerobatic team, the first woman towin the title of US Aerobatic Champion and one of only a few who have won it three times. Patty will open the air show both Saturday and Sunday morning preview performances before the opening ceremonies. She is currently working at the Sonoma County Airport at Cal Fire’s Sonoma Air Attack Base piloting an OV-10 Bronco spotting plane that provides the air boss a steady platform to organizing the firefighting plan. Patty flies an aggressive, thrilling routine in an Extra 300S.
A tremendous lineup of flying includes military jet flybys, world class civilian aerobatics and a host of Warbirds. Robust static displays will include the museum’s collection of over 30 restored aircraft (most of which will be open for climb aboards), civilian and military statics and morning access to the warbirds that will fly later in the show. In addition, this year’s air show program will commemorate two historic milestones, the tenth anniversary of September 11th, 2001 and the Centennial of Naval Aviation.
Our outstanding civilian air show line up includes:
- Kirby Chambliss in the Red Bull Zivko Edge 540
- Patty Wagstaff in the Extra 300S
- Eddie Andreini in the Super Stearman
- Tim Decker in his beautiful red and white Pitts Special
- Canadian favorite Team Rocket in two Harmon Rockets
- Dan Buchanan is his towed hang glider
- Vicky Benzing in her beautiful Extra 300S
- Dan Vance aerobatic performance in his P-51 Mustang
- Reno Air Racer Will Whiteside aerobatic performance in his Yak “Steadfast”
- Greg Colyer in his Blue Angels T-33 Shooting Star
- Many P-51 Mustangs and other Warbirds
- Award winning air show announcer, “Sky Talker” Danny Clisham
- Many fabulous static display aircraft
- A great classic Car Show
- Lots of activities for families and children
- And much much more
Tickets may be purchased at www.WingsOverWineCountry.org.