(Average Temperatures…Above Average Show)
Dayton, Ohio – The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will rock the 37th annual Vectren Dayton Air Show Presented by Kroger on July 23rd and 24th. Good news! The National Weather Service is now forecasting temperatures to be at or near average for this year’s Air Show at the Dayton International Airport. This is great news for spectators and organizers of Dayton’s premier summer event.
“This is awesome news,” stated Michael Emoff, Chairman of the Show. “We’re pleased to hear that temperatures will be moderating somewhat for the show. We have a fantastic lineup and urge everyone to come out and enjoy the show,” he added.
Organizers offered some tips to keep Air Show fans cool:
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water before, during and after the show. Remember that there will be three free water stations on site.
- Frequent the show’s increased concession stands.
- Don’t forget the SPF. Apply sunscreen often.
- Dress for the weather. Choose light colored, loose fitting clothing.
- Shield yourself. Sunglasses and hats are recommended. Small personal umbrellas are permitted as long as they do not obstruct the view of others.
- Shade is key to staying cool. While most of the show’s premium seating areas have sold out, there are a limited amount of umbrella tables still available in the LaRosa’s Pavilion for Sunday’s show.
Due to public health and safety concerns, the following items are prohibited from being carried on to show grounds:
- No Coolers – small soft-sided coolers are permitted to carry baby formula or medicine
- No Loose Ice
- No Cans or glass – clear, plastic water bottles are permitted to be carried in
- No Alcohol
- No Pets
- No Weapons
- No Tents or awnings
- No Cooking Equipment
In addition to the Thunderbirds, the show will also feature the US Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt, Tora Tora Tora, the US Navy F-18 Super Hornet, the Red Bull Helicopter, Tombstone Riders All-Women Wing Walking and Sean D. Tucker.
Get discount general admission tickets now for the Saturday or Sunday show at more than 100 Kroger stores in the Dayton-Cincinnati region. Specialty seating options including the popular Blue Sky Chalet and LaRosa’s Pavilion are available through the show’s web site, www.daytonairshow.com.