Sunday, August 24, 2008

Indianapolis Air Show Saturday Aug 23

Yesterdays show was fantastic! The weather held and the crowds were there to watch the performers do what they do best. No one was disappointed. How could they be? They got to see the F-22 twice! It opened the show and closed show. Maj. Moga will perform twice today also.

I was lucky enough to get a ride with the Golden Knights Parachute Team. I'll share that experience in a later post.

My daughters were over the moon about being able to chat with Laura Bryna after her concert. They bought her CD, got it autographed and got their pictures taken with her. Maybe I'll have them share their experience in a "guest post". John Klatt, flying for the Air National Guard, worked the autograph line also, so they both brought home signed pictures from him also. That just launched the girls into orbit. His performance in the show yesterday was awesome. I missed the performance as I was the Golden Knights, but I will catch it today. My wife's comment about his performance was: "I'd never fly with him! He was flying upside down just a few feet above the runway! I'd be scared to death!" I'm not sure what was more amusing to me - the comment, or the look on her face as she said it.

Until we get those posts up below is an article from WTHR (who is stream casting today's show also) and some GREAT photos from the Fencecheck team that was at the show.

The whole Fencecheck thread for the Indianapolis Air Show can be found here.There are some great photos already posted!

Flight fans wowed at annual air show - WTHR, IN
Hancock County - For the 12th year, thousands of people flocked to Mount Comfort Airport for stunts in the sky and tours on the ground at the Indianapolis ...

Also, watch the threads on AirShowBuzz as pictures continue to get posted from the Indianapolis Air Show.
Indianapolis Air Show on AirShowBuzz


No comments: