Wednesday, June 2, 2010

North Carolina Appearances: Dan Cherry and Nguyen Hong My

‘My Enemy… My Friend’ – A U.S. War Hero and His Unlikely Friend From Southeast Asia Reunite to Promote the Second Edition of the American’s Extraordinary Book

What: Today, Dan Cherry and former Vietnamese fighter pilot Nguyen, Hong My talk about planes and toast their grandchildren.  Two years ago, they were long-lost enemies brought together by a series of coincidences that showed war for what it often is:  a disagreement between friends who just haven’t had a chance to meet yet. 

As the nation celebrated the 35th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War on April 30, Cherry and Nguyen are reuniting for the third time in three years to promote Cherry’s recently released second edition of his book, “My Enemy, My Friend.”  The book chronicles the unlikely friendship that developed between these two men who fought on opposite sides of the war, and the resulting healing and reconciliation that their journey has inspired along the way.

Who:
Brigadier General Dan Cherry, USAF, (Ret.), from Bowling Green, Ky.
Lieutenant Nguyen, Hong My, from Hanoi, Vietnam

Theirs is a true story of reconciliation playing out in real time, as two former enemies from the Vietnam War show the world there is hope and healing when we reach out with hands extended in friendship.

Two North Carolina Locations!

June 5 @ 7 p.m. – Raleigh, NC

Air America Reunion, Raleigh

Hilton North

Private Event (media may attend upon request)

Contact: Linda Irvine, 360/663-2521


June 6 @ 4 p.m. – Goldsboro, NC

The Community Center at the Seymour Johnson Air Force Base

Open to base personnel

Contact: Robin Demark, 919/722-0027 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dan Cherry for an excellent speech and presentation at the Air America Pilots Reunion. I met you, and Hong My there, my father flew XW-PFF, XW-PFH, G, O, etc. from 1967 to 1972 and passed in 2005. My brother and I attended for him, and I want to say dad would have really liked your presentation.

Again thank you very much!

DJ Emery
son of Captain EB Emery
D Version Huey pilot who flew out of Udorn, Thailand