Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Indy Transponder 04-AUG-09 1000z

» Blue Angels ready to roll - Omaha World-Herald
The famed Navy flight squadron that dives, rolls and loops in formation will headline Offutt Air Force Base's 38th annual air show this ...


Angels in Salinas from Technorati
« A Little Joy Home This weekend the Blue Angels will be performing at the California International Airshow in Salinas. I can't imagine a more perfect venue for watching the Blue Angels - Salinas isn't one of those massive airshows but, instead, almost a community event. I was there last year - with the Air Force Thunderbirds - and the airshow was spectacular. If you can make it to Salinas this weekend, you will enjoy a wonderful airshow!


F-16s to fly low over Bellingham during training exercise - Bellingham Herald
The Abbotsford Airshow, held Friday, Aug. 7 to Sunday, Aug. 9, at the Abbotsford International Airport, is open to the public from 8 am to 6 pm Flying ...


Airventure by the Numbers:Has GA Established a Positive Rate of Climb? from Av8rdan's World of Flying by Dan Pimentel
On Tuesday night of EAA's Annual Airplane Party, Swap Meet and Aerobatic Orgy, I hosted a "Tweetup" so I could meet a few of the "Tweeps" I have been communicating with throughout the Twittersphere. It was a casual event held in the EAA Press Office's Hospitality Tent, a venue made possible by the generosity of their Media/Public Relations Director, Dick Knapinski…


OSHGOSH from Snow Eagles Air Racing Team by snoweaglesracingteam
Have to say, 1 day is no where near enough. After driving all night,we made it to Oshgosh at 600 in the morning. So we decided we needed a short nap before going in. At 730, we decided to go in, and all I have to say is WOW!!! It was alittle disappointing in that most of the booths didn't open until 900 am and closed by 500pm, and I was happy to see Ford there, with the 2010 Milan(the car I really want) and Honda had the 2010 Fury(motorcycle I really want). They had the famous p-51's( my favorite airplane) even cooler yet, I reconized two of them,being from this area. I came home with four bags of free stuff/business cards/magazines, etc. I also bought two shirts, including one from GIRLSWITHWINGS.com. I met up with fellow racer and owner of girlswithwings.com. She said if I get sponsors, then she would be willing to be my partner,which is awesome. I also met up with two of my fellow plane-girls. Oshgosh was awesome,and am excited to hopefully go back next year,and hopefully unlike this year, I won't be sick. I started getting sick Friday night before we left,and driving through the country just reeked havoc on my allergies. So by the time we got to Osh, I was ill. All the walking around, I did manage to wear the soles of my shoes that I bought a week before the ARC,completely down, if that gives a clue as to how much stuff there is to see at Osh.

Now, You Can Fly In The Car! – Oneindia
Those who have read JK Rowling's Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets would have coveted the car that Harry Potter and Ron Weasley had flown to Hogwarts! ...


Awesome aviation icon - Winnipeg Sun
By JASON HALSTEAD, SUN MEDIA Young and old flocked to the Western Canadian Aviation Museum yesterday to catch a bit of history in flight.


World War II B-17 Bomber Plane in Yakima This Week - KNDO/KNDU
A B-17 bomber from world two is in Yakima at the McAllister airport this week. The bomber is one of few planes in the nation to be fully-restored and flying. The B-17 bomber is loud and powerful right before it takes off. For veterans, it's a familiar ...


Episode 59 – It’s always about the cash from Airplane Geeks Podcast by thegeeks@airplanegeeks.com (Airplane Geeks)
The usual cast is joined this episode by Tom, author of
The Airline Blog, Max Trescott, an author, CFI, and the man behind the Max Trescott on General Aviation blog, and Steve Visscher, one half of the Airplane Geeks Australia Desk and also co-host, along with Grant McHerron, of the new Plane Crazy Down Under podcast…

Cessna takes off without pilot from Radar Vector - Civil Aviation News by noreply@blogger.com (Alert 5)
A Cessna decided to take off without its pilot in outback South Australia recently. The pilot was having trouble starting the engine and decided to got out to spin the propeller by hand. The engine started successfully but the aircraft quickly became airborne and crashed after flying 300 meters.


United States - Wisconsin - EAA AirVenture 2009 - Oshkosh - 07/27/09 from FenceCheck Forums - Last ones from me .

-For the latest
News @ Full Throttle and additional features visit www.IndyTransponder.com ©
-
Subscribe for daily automatic E-mail delivery directly to your Inbox!
-Also join us on: --
-Facebook ---Twitter ---MySpace
-Send Notices > Releases > Updates > Be a Contributor > Contact:
IndyTransponder@gmail.com

No comments: